Programs for the Houston-Dallas/Fort Worth-West Texas Chapter include:
•Camping programs for children and youth with epilepsy
· The Epilepsy Foundation Texas camping programs provide children and youth with epilepsy a safe, structured, FUN and encouraging home away from home! Staff includes Foundation personnel, pediatric neurologists, experienced camp counselors and registered nurses.
•Educating about epilepsy, seizures, and first aid
Each year, Epilepsy Foundation Texas educates over 20,000 people about epilepsy, seizures & first aid.
•Live It Youth Transition program to promote independence, individuality, and growth in teens living with epilepsy.
•Local support groups
· EFTX DFW 20 Somethings Support Group
Young adults are invited to join other young adults for events and meetings.
Parents are welcome and meet separately.
Meetings and events are held throughout the year.
20 Somethings Support Group Flyer
Contact EFTX at (888)548-9716 for more information
· UT Southwestern Epilepsy and Seizure Support Group
or call 214-645-8800 leave message
Zale Lipshy University Hospital
Dining Room Conference
5151 Harry Hine Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390
· Texas Health Resources Dallas Adult Support Group
Meets the third Tuesday of every month
An education and support group for patients, family members, friends and caregivers.
Facilitator: Catrina Nieser at 214-345-7981 or CatrinaNieser@TexasHealth.org
Where: Via conference call
When: 7:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
· EFTX Fort Worth Epilepsy Support Group
Facilitator: Caroline Green Carolined_73@yahoo.com
Location: Texas Heath Resources Fort Worth
1301 Pennsylvania Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76104
(Harris Tower located close to 6th Avenue)
Kupferle Conference Room in the Richardson building (close to gift shop)
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
2020 Meeting Dates: June 11, August 6, October 8, December 3
· Cook Children’s Medical Center Support Group
Meets the second Thursday of every other month
Everyone in the family is invited, including siblings, whether they are a patient at Cook Children’s. Childcare is provided for children under the age of six. There is no cost to participate. Dinner is provided at no charge.
Dates for 2020: July 9, August 13, November 2, December 10
Call 682-885-7259 or go to Neurosciences Support Groups page to learn more about each meeting
Where: Cook Children’s Medical Center 801 Seventh Ave. Fort Worth, TX 76104 (Lower Level – Medical Center Pavilion)
Time: 5:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
· Children’s Medical Center: Dallas Spanish Parent Support Group
This group meets 4 times a year
Where: Children’s Health Specialty Center Dallas Campus
2350 North Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207