Due to the Global Pandemic, we have TEMPORARILY moved from our main office.
Carter’s House is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, in the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center in Dallas, Texas, and primarily serves children ages 0-18 (up to 21 if enrolled in an State accredited high school) in Dallas County,
Carter’s House seeks to help those that do not meet the housing criteria required by many assistance programs. Customers are asked to meet 1-3 requirements:
Can the you provide current proof of receipt of state benefits? Are the children receiving free or reduced-price lunch? Is the family income 80-90% below poverty level. These figures, and similar ones for communities throughout the Metroplex, are indicative of real and continuing need for clothing assistance for large numbers of students in Dallas County.
Currently services are provided through two programs:
Carter's Clothing Bank
Back 2 School In Style
Emergency Assistance Program provides school uniforms, diapers, and wipes to
caregivers and parents who are in immediate need of assistance. This service is
ONLY available via Referral. Please be sure to provide the name of the
organization, name of the person referring you, and the contact phone number
for that organization. This service is available to families with school-age
children and children ages 0-3. This program serves residents of Dallas County,
WHAT DO WE PROVIDE:
- 2 Packages of Diapers
- 2 Packages of wipes
- Baby Formula and Baby Food
- 2 pair of Underwear and Socks for older children
WHAT DO WE REQUIRE:
- Identification: Valid Photo ID
- A copy of a CURRENT award letter for any type of State Benefits. (SNAP, TANF, Housing Assistance, Childcare
Assistance, Medicaid, or CHiP) The letter must show the start and end date of your case.
- Written Referral from a domestic violence shelter/agency or a homeless shelter.
- FOR FOSTER PARENT: Documentation confirming legal guardianship of the foster child in need of diapers
- FOR UNEMPLOYED IN THE PAST 30 DAYS DUE TO DISABILITY: A doctor's note or disability approval paperwork that confirms your employment status.
Our staff will follow up with you after your questionnaire is reviewed. Pickup directions will be provided after all information is verified.