Chari-T2000, Inc. was formed in 2010 as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization by a group of pediatric therapists. The Charity was created to financially assist families with disabled children up to age 21. Chari-T2000’s mission is to partner with families to obtain the services and equipment needed to help children access the community and reach their full potential. For many children receiving rehabilitative services, obtaining necessary services or equipment is difficult. There are often insurance limitations that make funding challenging. Chari-T2000 was created to bridge that financial gap and improve lives.
Funding for services and equipment might include, but is not limited to:
§ Communication Devices
§ Weighted/Sensory Support Items
§ Home Modifications
§ Durable Medical Equipment
§ Adaptive Equipment or Aids
To qualify for assistance, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
· Be 20 years of age or younger
· Be a Texas resident
· Have a diagnosed disability
· Have a letter of recommendation from a healthcare professional (therapist, doctor, nurse case manager, etc.) confirming need for requested item or service.
· Have pursued other funding options before Chari-T2000 (ex: insurance, personal finances, etc.), including being able to demonstrate a good faith effort in researching price comparisons or asking vendors about financing options or discounts.
· Be able to provide a denial letter or explanation of non-coverage if applicant has medical insurance or government funding (DARS, MDCP, CLASS, etc.).
· For any requests involving vehicles, vehicle must not be greater than 10 years old or must have fewer than 100,000 mi (VEHICLE MODIFICATION DETAILS).
· Applicants are required to provide a portion of the funding for any approved item that costs over $100.
· For Requests over $3000, applicants are required to apply to at least one other charity to enable Chari-T2000 to partner funds to help meet the applicant’s need. A Social Worker will assist the applicant in identifying other fundraising options. Applicants are encouraged to apply to multiple charities at a time.