BKindNOW.org, a division of Trauma to Triumphs, provides resources, services, and support, to the elderly, handicapped, and families in low income communities.
Trauma to Triumphs
gives hope and life-changing support to children in low-income communities,
offering school supplies to support children’s growth and development in a
positive learning environment. They offer a variety of services, which include:
- Backpacks, notebooks, pens / pencils
- Ensuring children feel prepared with other basic classroom essentials
- Books & educational support materials to promote learning
- Programs to address overcome racial / socio-economic achievement gaps
- Assistance accessing to computers, Wi-Fi, & in-person instruction
- Connecting tutors with children in low-income communities
- Healthy meals & snacks for children suffering from hunger.
They also offer assistance to help meet
basic needs as a result of lost income/job loss.
During COVID-19 they are working in collaboration with volunteers, educators, parents, & civic leaders to provide children with tools & support to overcome the potentially irreversible academic & psychological impact of COVID-19.
• FREE Afterschool programs for enrichment & achievement
• Resources & Support for students facing basic need losses at home
• Distribution of over 1000 tablets & laptops
• Backpacks filled with school supplies to promote learning
• Job opportunities for young adults of color; $40/hour for lead teacher; $25/hour for assistant teacher
• Curator positions for students in low-income communities to develop their literacy, communication, & leadership skills
• Jobs for teaching artists from neighborhoods & backgrounds similar to the students they serve.
By empowering underserved youth with the tools they need to succeed, we mitigate the impact of pervasive racial & socioeconomic inequality.
The objective of our program is to reduce and avert achievement gaps in communities of color.
**Go online if you are in need of assistance and fill out the CONTACT US form