Registration takes place in August. After school begins, interested families can complete an application and be placed on a waiting list. To qualify you must:
· live within the Plano ISD boundaries
· have an English literacy need
· qualify financially under federal guidelines
· attend all required classes
· Applicants for Plano Family Literacy must have children. We do not discriminate based on race, creed, color or religion.
· We follow the Plano ISD school year calendar. Families who attend are expected to participate in all components and follow attendance requirements.
· Family literacy services are:
o Interactive literacy activities between parents and their children.
o Training for parents regarding how to be the primary teacher for their children and full partners in the education of their children.
o Parent literacy training that leads to economic self-sufficiency.
o An age-appropriate education to prepare children for success in school and life experiences.