Children under 3 years old with Developmental Delays.
• Eligibility Details:
• Have a medically diagnosed condition that will probably result in a developmental delay (see brochure below)
• Have a developmental delay or difficulty with these skills:
Communication – language or speech
Cognitive – thinking, learning, playing, reasoning
Motor – physical development
o Gross motor, such as using large muscles, to sit up, crawl, walk
o Fine motor, such as using small muscles, to grab small objects
o Oral motor, such as using the mouth, to suck, chew
• Social/emotional – curious, enjoys playtime, interacts with others
• Self-help – Taking care of own needs (eating, drinking, washing hands, potty training)
• Have an auditory or visual impairment, determined by local school district certified staff.
• Detailed list of disabilities on website.
Some zip codes are shared with the other Dallas Programs - Please call the referral line for further clarification if needed.
75241 – Shared with Dallas Center – West of Houston School Rd. is Metrocare. East of Houston School Rd is Dallas Center.
75247 – Shared with Warren Center – Warren center has a small portion North of Highway 183.
75061 – Shared with the Warren Center – If family is South of 183 they are Metrocare. If they live North they are the Warren Center.