Residence- The applicant must live in Kaufman County and must intend to stay and must have a medical necessity.
- A disqualified person is one who receives or is categorically eligible to receive Medicaid.
- A household is eligible if the total countable household resources do not exceed $3000.00 when a person is aged or disabled and who meets relationship requirements lives in home or $2000.00 for all other households
- A household is eligible if its monthly net
income does not exceed 21% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
Basic health care services for medical necessity include:
at a rural clinic-physician services along with: services ordered and performed by a physician; annual physical examinations; and associated testing can be covered with a physician referral; medical screening services; laboratory and X-rays; and cancer patients KCIHC will only cover X-rays(such as MRI’s, CT’s, and other types of scans) and blood work up.
- this service includes up to three prescription drug per month.
- must be medically necessary and provided in an acute care hospital.
-must be medically necessary and provided in an acute care hospital.
Application must be completed and are online.