services and equipment might include, but is not limited to:
§ Communication Devices
§ Weighted/Sensory Support Items
§ Home Modifications
§ Durable Medical Equipment
§ Adaptive Equipment or Aids
To qualify for assistance, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
· Be 20 years of age or younger
· Be a Texas resident
· Have a diagnosed disability
· Have a letter of recommendation from a healthcare professional (therapist, doctor, nurse case manager, etc.) confirming need for requested item or service.
· Have pursued other funding options before Chari-T2000 (ex: insurance, personal finances, etc.), including being able to demonstrate a good faith effort in researching price comparisons or asking vendors about financing options or discounts.
· Be able to provide a denial letter or explanation of non-coverage if applicant has medical insurance or government funding (DARS, MDCP, CLASS, etc.).
· Applicants are required to provide a portion of the funding for any approved item that costs over $100.
· For Requests over $3000, applicants are required to apply to at least one other charity to enable Chari-T2000 to partner funds to help meet the applicant’s need. A Social Worker will assist the applicant in identifying other fundraising options. Applicants are encouraged to apply to multiple charities at a time.